I've been a lukewarm fan of the punk rock trio, The Police. But upon further digging I discovered layers of music I never heard over commercial radio. The distinctive marriage of rhythm, bass and guitar provide a unique mash-up of ska, punk, pop and rock. Add in a funky time signature and a catchy guitar riff and it is a completely different presentation of the song. Da do do do ...da da da....indeed!
Turning to mobile, how are we encouraging students to develop, program, build, architect something cool - relevant and necessary!
Do they download a game, decide they can do it better and with a little encouragement (project time or contest) set it to something special. - the answer is YES!
UC #1 - make learning fun
- provide an interactive experience
- use gamification to engage the end user
- create a reward system winning strategy by invoking badging elements
UC #2 - make it personal
- create social elements by providing a means to connect with others
- provide a method to identify your location and your friends
- make it unique to the individual user (photos / settings / avatar)
UC #3 - make it original
- a simple idea can go viral / be the next best thing
- does it help automate a process and save time?
- can a process be improved?
UC #4 - Is there commercial viability?
- is there a market and a need for this mobile application?
- do you provide cross platform support?
- what is the pricing strategy for this app (how much and where to promote?)